What personal data do we collect?
We will collect your full name, preferred email and if you choose to include it, your telephone number from the moment you choose to make initial contact via our website contact page. Similarly if you contact us directly, or via social media we will retain your details so that we can respond to your enquiry.
We will also collect your name and email address from when we meet you at exhibitions, conferences, training days and other events if you choose to consent to hearing more about and from Be the Jellyfish.
We will not ask for your/your school’s or other third party’s address unless you proceed with a Be the Jellyfish product order or service.
For Community Jellyfish services, in addition to the parent’s or guardian’s contact detail, Jellyfish class and activity consent forms also require details of the child’s name, date of birth and any information the parents or guardians feel is important to share with the Community Jellyfish Teacher.
Why do we collect your personal data?
- Responding to enquires: When contact is made with Be the Jellyfish, the name and email/telephone number is retained so that we can respond to the enquiry.
- Sharing Be the Jellyfish news, products and service information: For those having expressed interest and given their consent to receive information from Be the Jellyfish, contact will be made using the personal information given. This information may also include information about the companies and charities Be the Jellyfish work with – But your personal data will not be shared with or sold to them.
- Product orders: In order to fulfil an order, a full name and delivery/billing address, personal or professional is required. Orders processed via PayPal will be subject to PayPal’s privacy and data protection policies.
- School training services and orders: In order to fulfil this, a full name, contact details and a delivery/billing address is required. Express permission will always be sought by Be the Jellyfish before citing the name/school establishment on social media.
- Community Jellyfish Licensees: Be the Jellyfish will retain the application form, containing the licensees full name, contact details and date of birth, as well as a copy of their DBS certificate, references and insurance certificate for so long as they are a licencee and for a period of three years after a licence has terminated. Community Jellyfish Teachers agree to have their name, photograph and contact details on the official Be the Jellyfish website and for use on social media for marketing purposes
- Be the Jellyfish class and activity consent forms: Community Jellyfish Teachers will securely retain the consent form of every child attending their Be the Jellyfish classes and activities for the attendance time period. They may be kept for a period not exceeding 1 year and will dispose of them safely following the advice given by Be the Jellyfish.
- Record of sales: Be the Jellyfish may make a record that includes your name and contact details and of any of the products and services you/your establishment has purchased from us so that we can contact you with further Be the Jellyfish news and product/service information that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note contact will only be made if consent has been given to do so.
- Marketing and advertising: All data collected for Be the Jellyfish marketing and advertising purposes, including photographic and video data is acquired via consent.
On fulfilment of providing information, orders and services Be the Jellyfish will ask for your explicit consent to stay in touch. We will not retain your personal information if you have not provided consent for us to do so.
Consent may be revoked at any time by contacting Be the Jellyfish at email@example.com with your express instructions to this effect.
As stated in the Be the Jellyfish Safeguarding Policy, photographs and video may only be taken of Children with the parent/guardian’s consent only. Consent is acquired via a designated consent form and may occasionally be via a spoken consent. Consent includes whether or not permission is given form such images may be used on the Be the Jellyfish website/social media. Photograph and video consent is also sought from adults before images are taken or shared on the Be the Jellyfish website/social media. Consent may be revoked at any time by contacting Be the Jellyfish at firstname.lastname@example.org with your express instructions to this effect.
Remember you have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you wish to receive a report, simply ask and we will complete your request as quickly as we can. Please note, the process can take some time. If once you have received this information you wish is for it to be removed from our data base we will follow your wishes fully.
Changes and corrections to personal data:
To change or correct the personal information you have consented to us retaining simply message us at email@example.com
Who do we share your personal data with?
Be the Jellyfish will not sell or disclose your personal information to any third party, including any partner companies or charities we work with. However, Be the Jellyfish may have to disclose specific information if this required by law or if such action is necessary in order to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Be the Jellyfish Ltd; and, (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users, clients, licensees.
How secure is your personal data?
At Be the Jellyfish we take the security of your data and information very seriously. Reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that your personal information is stored and disposed of safely.
Cookies (Not the edible kind!):
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The Be the Jellyfish website uses two types of Cookies:
Used by Be the Jellyfish to track the Jellyfish pages you visit, to discover the device used to view the pages and to find out where in the world our site has been viewed via Google Analytics. This data enables us to ensure that our website is working properly with your devices, it helps us to identify frequently visited pages and ensure that our content is relevant. This data is acquired by your IP address and is anonymous in order to protect your identity.
Used by Be the Jellyfish to allow you to share our pages with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Don’t agree with this policy?
This policy will be reviewed regularly.
Be the Jellyfish Ltd 25/06/18
Be the Jellyfish Ltd Contact details:
Directors: Lucy Cree & Sarah Brogden
Communication address: 10 Wyndham Close. Sutton. SM2 6JF
Be the Jellyfish Ltd company registration number: 09557585
Registered Company Office Address: 9 Dukes Meadow, Chiddingstone Causeway, Tonbridge, Kent, United Kingdom, TN11 8LW